Nov 18, 2017
After the craft fair this morning I went to my sweater knitting class and… finished my first sweater! It’s a child size sweater that fits my eight year old and, honestly, I had no idea it would look so adorable on her. It’s cozy and classic and will hopefully live a long life being passed down to the boys when they grow into it.
And as I was driving back after my class and reflecting on the path that lead to me finishing this sweater it went something like this:
- my friend expressing her wish to want to learn to knit baby sweaters and me being like yup that’d be awesome
- looking into sweater knitting classes at my favorite local fabric & knit shop and eventually signing up
- learning to knit baby hats as a way to learn/practice knitting from a pattern since I had never done that before
- starting sweater/class feeling super in over my head and out of place
- just jumping in and doing it and working at it on my own and getting help at the classes
- eventually (today!) finishing the sweater and seeing it on my daughter for the first time
A few months ago I was looking up YouTube videos to remember how to knit & purl. Today I finished a sweater. There’s just so much to be said for dreaming and planning and doing and learning and listening to others and putting in the time and just plain growing from one day to the next.
And every time I complete some project like this it just always leaves me feeling so energized and empowered and just in awe of all the good things that can happen when you say yes and keep doing the next thing. In sweaters and in life, the big things happen a little at a time.
2 thoughts on “Sweater class”
Okay, I know this is about sweaters and knitting but you have no idea how much I needed to read this today. About saying yes and going for it. Yes yes yes. ❤️
LikeLiked by 2 people