Aug 21, 2017
As usual, the baby was fussy all day unless he was being held or bounced in his bouncer. I made my usual daily half-hearted attempt at laying him in his bed for a nap, but to no avail. And then of course I was so exhausted from the day plus a lack of sleep last night that I didn’t get a chance to make the bran muffins for dinner. At least I had the sense not to write “make bran muffins” on my to-do list. Even last night when I wrote out my list for today I knew it was at best a 50% chance that they’d actually get made.
Still, with the help of our various baby carriers and the seven year old bouncing him in his bouncer for a few long stretches, I did manage to
- Do two big loads of laundry and get 95% of it folded and put away
- Move and reorganize all of the food storage onto the additional shelves we bought
- Start organizing the tools, paint, etc on another storage shelf
- See the partial solar eclipse with the seven year old
- Lose my temper over yet another day with a non-pooping toddler
- Get the tuna noodle casserole in the oven for dinner (even if it did turn out to be made up of mostly onions)
- Wash all the dinner dishes
- Teach the lesson for family night
- Finally get the kids to bed
The good news is, I haven’t gotten the results back on my diabetes test yet, so at least I can still eat my feelings in ice cream and chocolate.