Apr 18, 2017
The main things that have been holding me back from moving forward with publishing my quiet page patterns are: getting the legal/business side of things set up and compiling all of the individual files into one master file so I can convert it to a PDF. Neither of those things sound/are very fun or exciting, which is part of why I’ve been putting them off for so long.
But I’m happy to report that last Friday I met with a lawyer who’s going to help me get going on the legal stuff AND today while Felix napped I finally conquered the beast and put alllllll the different pages of instructions and pattern pieces into one big master file. So basically I am king of the world. Okay but not really because none of it is finished finished yet.
But! I think I can finally print off a test copy for myself to use as I sew the (hopefully) final set of sample quiet pages. Then I can photograph those and use the updated pictures on the pattern cover. Blah blah. And once those are ready, I think I’ll finally be able to pass the pattern on to some testers and see if there’s anything else I need to add or revise. And hopefully soon I’ll have all my legal stuff figured out and maybe THEN I’ll finally be able to start selling the patterns and kits.
My goal is to get this all done before baby #3 is born at the end of June and my lawyer sounds optimistic that we can meet that goal. Mostly I made that goal because (a) it’s good to have a deadline and (b) then I can introduce both the digital patterns and the physical kits at the same time, but if the kits run out while I’m busy with a newborn at least the digital patterns will still be available.
Sooo along with all that, I also started tinkering around with my site (this blog) tonight in an effort to eventually convert it into more of a homepage with a custom domain name and then you’ll (eventually) be able to click on the menu bar at the top to access my blog posts, shop, book, etc.
And if you’ve made it this far, I finally updated my about page too. Enjoy.