Feb 5, 2017
We started watching “The Crown” on Netflix last night and already watched the first four episodes because it’s just super good. Here are some things I like about it in no particular order…
- Queen Elizabeth (the main character) is really pretty. Not over the top made up pretty, but just a really regular person who’s happy and compassionate and loving and it brings out the best in her. Ok but also she has some killer outfits.
- There are some crazy things about the royal family, but I do love how seriously they take marriage, including and especially Elizabeth and the respect and genuine love she still shows her husband. Likewise, the respect and love he shows her.
- The hammock Phillip lays in at the house in Africa looks amazing and I wish I was taking a nap in it right now.
- The characters have real depth, not just written depth. Obviously that has a lot to do with the fact that they are/we’re real people, but the actors do a beautiful job carrying that out.
- How genuinely respectful Elizabeth is to everyone. It’s an inspiring thing to watch.
5 thoughts on “A new show I like”
Cool! I’ll have to check it out.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Although we watched the next episode last night after I wrote this and there was a bad word (eek!) so, fair warning.
Haha at first I thought you meant the Queen Elizabeth back in the 1500’s but she never married so then I figured out it must be the current QE. I think this proves I’m a literature nerd 🤓
I really like it! I only got so for until I felt like it was getting a bit shady and language! so I stopped watching… maybe I’ll give it another chance. You should watch the queen Elizabeth documentary on pbs.org. So good!
Yeah I can see where you’re coming from. We finished it last night, prob cuz we’re a little shadier than you guys. But also I will say that they seem like things are gonna get scandalous and then it never actually does. And aside from the dumb uncle saying the one bad word to his wife, I don’t remember a significant amount of language in the rest of it. But, ya know, do what your heart tells you.